Thursday, September 13, 2007

toast

Tomorrow I'm taking the morning off to supervise some contractors at the house. I plan to use these stolen hours to write, although I will probably end up sitting around in my pink robe scarfing down tea and toast. Have I told you how much I fucking love toast? It's like manna from heaven, especially with marmalade. And it's so simple. All you need is bread, a toaster and thirty seconds. In those thirty seconds, the senses are acutely aware that the kitchen has begun smelling like toasted bread. I love the sound it makes when it pops up. And the list of toppings is endless! Butter is a staple, but one could also add an assortment of jellies, sugar, peanut butter, nutella or- my favorite -peach marmalade. My love for toast and marmalade is only eclipsed by my love for the anticipation of toast and marmalade.

No comments: